About Me

My photo
I am a licensed therapist with a thriving practice in Illinois. As a youth I didn't have any friends but as I got older I found ways to make people like me. Since then I have taken it upon myself to fix other peoples' friendship problems. I like to drive long distances in my car with no destination in mind, just until the gas runs out of my car. Afterwards, I will often abandon the car and walk home.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Career Planning Advice

Amysometime@jfkschool.edu to advisegi9@gmail.com
Hey Dick Snarfin,
I am a high school counselor. Part of my job is recommending careers for graduating seniors.

With the job market in the trash can, it's hard for me to be optimistic about a lot of these kids' chances. Should I be honest? What should I tell them?


Here's what I would say to those idealistic young students if I were you. Why not join the military?

It's fun. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and handle dangerous weapons.

It pays great and there is no downside. Problem solved.
---Colonel Snarfin

1 comment: